openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From tj ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Math commands [was Re: Starting to build the user guide]
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 23:57:11 GMT
Hi, Andrea,

On 2/7/2013 18:28, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM, RGB ES wrote:
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Reference/Math_commands
>>> but that page it is under a "CC-BY" License, so I assume it cannot be
>>> used?
>> Right.  But you could link to that page.  Or contact the author and
>> see if he could be willing to give it us under ALv2:
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Jdpipe
>
> Actually, CC-BY stuff can be used, in some sense.
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a classifies it
> (under the name "CC-A") as a category A license, i.e., "similar in terms
> to the Apache License 2.0" and allows it to be "included within Apache
> products" provided a NOTICE file (or section?) is included.
>
> But, as Rob suggested, getting the author to agree with relicensing
> under the very similar Apache License would be best. If we can't, I
> don't see problems in reusing this work so long as we include a notice
> crediting the author.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

The problem is that like most OOA/ODFA works, the Math Guide is a
collaborative effort, with 8 or 10 contributors listed on the Page 2
credits (including me). Even finding them all might be very difficult;
some of the names I don't even recognize, and I've been hanging out with
the doc folks since 2.0 days. Sorry.

/tj/