openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Math commands [was Re: Starting to build the user guide]
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 23:28:09 GMT
On Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM, RGB ES wrote:
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Reference/Math_commands
>> but that page it is under a "CC-BY" License, so I assume it cannot be used?
> Right.  But you could link to that page.  Or contact the author and
> see if he could be willing to give it us under ALv2:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Jdpipe

Actually, CC-BY stuff can be used, in some sense.
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a classifies it
(under the name "CC-A") as a category A license, i.e., "similar in terms
to the Apache License 2.0" and allows it to be "included within Apache
products" provided a NOTICE file (or section?) is included.

But, as Rob suggested, getting the author to agree with relicensing
under the very similar Apache License would be best. If we can't, I
don't see problems in reusing this work so long as we include a notice
crediting the author.

Regards,
   Andrea.