openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Survey: "When you need help with OpenOffice, what do you do?"
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 13:14:12 GMT
I recently asked a question on our Apache OpenOffice page on Facebook.
 The question was:  "When you need help with OpenOffice, what do you
do?"

https://www.facebook.com/questions/442941365764746/

Note that the top response (by wide margins) was "Search the web".

That matches what I see as well.  The web is the new product manual.
Type your problem into Google and you'll get responses from product
pages, from support forums, from StackExchange, Yahoo Answers, blog
posts, etc.  It is the way we ask questions today.

So I think it is good that we're looking at using the wiki for our
documentation.  This makes our work easily findable by search engines
and users.

Regards,

-Rob