openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Guy Waterval <waterval....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss]Call for volunteers [Was: Re: Starting to build the user guide]
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:07:50 GMT
Hi Ricardo,

2013/1/27 RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com>

> 2013/1/21 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>
>
> > <snip>
> >
> > Do we want to have a "call for volunteers" soon?  Or do you want to
> > make more progress first?
> >
> > -Rob
> >

> Today I'm at just four pages to end the first bare-bones draft for the
> Writer guide. Beside the fact that I can also write the draft for a Math
> guide I think it is time to think about a call for people that can fill the
> holes on what I wrote, check my clumsy grammar and start writing on those
> topic I cannot write (Calc, Base, Impress, Draw, Asiatic/complex layout
> language settings and macros).
>
> Maybe we can do the call on two steps, calling first on the forums and
> users mailing list for people with experience on the program (on the forums
> there are many experienced users) and only afterwards make a more general
> call: to write a complete user guide good will is not enough.
>
> What do you think?

I'm working on a fr documentation (.odt format) for the Educoo.org project.
As we propose traditionally what we do to the parent project, I've adopted
the ALv2.0 license for this documentation. So, if desired, I could post a
first part Wednesday, before travelling  to the fosdem,  and the group can
decide if some parts could be reused here or not.
If interested, I could accelerate the release of Impress and Calc after the
FOSDEM.
Writer is also already written but needs a rework because I have tried to
extract the common concepts to all the modules in a separate part,
following your suggestion.
Of course, the big inconvenient is the fr language, but I haven't the
required level to write or translate this doc in English.
Many thanks for your hard work and your investment in this documentation
project.

--
gw