openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Please don't forget about the help system
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 15:29:23 GMT
Hello;

I am not subscribed to the list but I thought I'd share a thought:

When you buy your commercial Office package nowadays it's so common
that it doesn't include physical documentation anymore. This is not good,
of course; it's a pessimization of the service for a really expensive product.

However it is also something that people have gotten used to and come to
expect. The key here is that people will likely expect the help system may
cover their needs without having to ask google.

The online help system is, unfortunately one of the worst documented parts
of AOO. I updated the internal lucene to a more modern version (my system
uses 3.6.2 just fine BTW) but I have no idea how to add new help
documentation.

There is surely a lot to do there concerning content so I just thought I'd send
a small note reminding you guys that we need help there too.

best regards and Merry Christmas,

Pedro.