openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: New Mirror OpenOffice
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2020 10:36:13 GMT
Am 09.10.20 um 11:54 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
> [...]
not spread these links widely in public, so that there is not too much traffic.

> In other words this link is a link for situations where there are temporary problems
with Sourceforge and not a link that should be distributed as a normal, general download link.

> Or do I see it wrong? If yes, I would, from now on, publicly distribute this link as
a download link and would not refer to our download page anymore, which redirects to Sourceforge.

sure, there could be problems. But do you know that there are none with
other mirrror service? I don't think so. ;-)

Therefore, Sourceforge.net is still our offical download partner.

As Dave has commented already there is no certainty that the ASF mirror
network can handle our traffic itself. And as long as we have no other
statement from ASF Infra there is nothing we can do.

Again, when your interest is indeed that big to change something please
get in contact with the Infra team for mirrors at "mirrors@apache.org".
Help to make your wish come true.

Marcus