openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject RE: New Mirror OpenOffice
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2020 09:54:01 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Peter Kovacs [mailto:petko@apache.org]
> Sent: Friday, October 09, 2020 11:36 AM
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
> Subject: RE: New Mirror OpenOffice
>
> Check this link:
> https://dist.Apache.Org/repos/dist/release/openoffice

yes, and what else?

This link leads to an Apache server and it has always been communicated that we should not
spread these links widely in public, so that there is not too much traffic.

In other words this link is a link for situations where there are temporary problems with
Sourceforge and not a link that should be distributed as a normal, general download link.

Or do I see it wrong? If yes, I would, from now on, publicly distribute this link as a download
link and would not refer to our download page anymore, which redirects to Sourceforge.

greetings,
Jörg