openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Critical issue on forum.openoffice.org and Google Search
Date Mon, 11 May 2020 13:02:19 GMT
Hi all,

I have received following mail. Probably because I am listed in the
google-Analytics page.

Does this has some action items? What can we answer Mr John Mueller?

All the Best

Peter

Betreff: 	Critical issue on forum.openoffice.org and Google Search
Datum: 	Mon, 11 May 2020 13:37:27 +0200
Von: 	John Mueller <johnmu@google.com>
An: 	morseidel@gmail.com, kay.schenk@gmail.com, leginee@gmail.com

Dear webmaster of forum.openoffice.org <http://forum.openoffice.org>

I'm an analyst at Google in Switzerland. We wanted to bring your
attention to a critical issue with your website, and how it's available
for Google's web search.

In particular, Googlebot has been unable to crawl URLs from
https://forum.openoffice.org/ . This will cause those pages to drop out
of Google's search results, and will prevent new pages from being picked
up for Search. If you're not aware of this issue, you may be
accidentally blocking these pages from Google Search due to a server
issue. If you need to block Googlebot from crawling pages on your
website, we'd recommend using the robots.txt file instead.

Should you need to recognize IP addresses of Googlebot requests, you can
use a reverse IP lookup to do so:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/80553

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly. For
verification purposes, we are sending a copy of this message to your
site's Search Console account.

Thank you,
John Mueller (johnmu@google.com <mailto:johnmu@google.com>)
Webmaster Trends Analyst

--

John Mueller, He/Him, Search Relations Team - go/search-rel
<https://goto.google.com/search-rel>

*Time-critical? Resend with "URGENT" in the subject.*

Google Switzerland GmbH
Gustav-Gull-Platz 1, 3. Stock
8004 Zurich, Switzerland

Identifikationsnummer: