openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: macOS and AOO42X
Date Fri, 01 May 2020 10:59:26 GMT
Hi Matthias

> On April 30, 2020 6:51 PM Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de> wrote:

> >> Just for clarification:
> >> There are a lot of little things (double spaces, wrong icons in help,
> >> etc.) in the source code that we have to fix.
> >> From time to time Mechtilde creates a new language template (en-US) and
> >> imports it in Pootle. This results in those strings that have to be to
> >> reviewed.

> > Thank you for the clarification. No problem! We want AOO to be as perfect as humanly
possible. We are here to help reach that goal ;)

> I just wanted to make clear *why* there are "new" strings from time to
> time...

I'm sorry if that sounded ironic. I honestly was thanking you for the clarification.
I understand that changes in the code and corrections may require new translations. And for
us (Pedro Alburquerque and myself) that is not a problem.

Kind regards,
Pedro