openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [status] Static webside migration
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2019 17:21:14 GMT
:

> Quick question. So once this migration is complete, we can only use git for changes?

Yes. Staging will exist. I’m not sure of the exact publishing mechanics yet, but it should
be straight forward to the user.

> Good that you're making use of the old CMS scripts. I didn't see any BIG reason not to
do this.

Thanks.

Regards,
Dave

> "And in the end, only kindness matters."
>   -- Jewel, "Hands"
> ______
> MzK
>

>> On 10/1/19 10:31 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> Heads up that I’m starting to do the migration,
>>
>>> Repos name must start with OpenOffice.
>>>
>>> I propose these:
>>>
>>> OpenOffice-DevWebsite
>>> OpenOffice-OrgWebsite
>> I’ll be tackling the project site first.
>>
>> I plan to make use of https://S.apache.org/asfyaml so that we will have staging and
production.

>> I may use the Apache CMS scripts for page generation. Infra-VP does not have trouble
with those being on a Jenkins or Buildbot node. I may use jBake which I’ve used with the
Incubator site. It may use both.

>> Changes will be done in GIT and the CMS WebGUI will not be used. Committers will
be able to change the git repos. There will be instructions on the local build as well. I’m
starting with the local build.

>> This will take sometime.
>>
>> If someone wants to redesign our Websites Look & Feel then proposals welcome.
I may play with it myself...

>> Regards,
>> Dave

>>> If we track what we change then we can create https redirection rules.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Dave

CMS

do some housecleaning on the www.openoffice.org web site due to size and no longer pertinent
information.

build techniques. I am familiar with JBake from the incubator build but Pelican is possible.

current CMS capabilities in terms of page rendering, dealing with the many languages of the
site etc. to render the static content.

Infra will warm is if things are immanent. I did discuss our migration briefly with an infra
person at ACNA19.

on www.openoffice.org before migration

quite large. I could certainly help in about a month with the "housecleaning" aspect of both
sites assuming they remain svn accessible for a while. But I'm assuming we might want archives
of both even before that. Yes?