openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac Builds
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2019 17:20:46 GMT
FTR: I am able to continue to build 4.2.x and trunk w/ the current system which *also* builds
4.1.x... and which maintains the 10.7 min macOS capability.

Whether we continue to use this setup for our canon community builds for 4.2.x and later is
another discussion. I agree that if we can start building w/ Mojave/Catalina and Xcode11 that
would be great.

> On Oct 19, 2019, at 1:02 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Yes, please. I've been playing around and some issues are related to how, in moving to
Mojave/Catalina, Apple removed some *.o files from /usr/lib, as well as some issues related
to Xcode11 in general. I was hoping to have a single setup that allows for both 4.1.x and
4.2.x+later but that doesn't seem viable.

> Yeah, I think it's time to consider making macOS 10.9 the min allowed for 4.2.x+later.
>
> Quite interested in the QTkit fix.
>
> My setup is documented on the Wiki and, of course, the canon build scripts.
>
>> On Oct 19, 2019, at 12:41 PM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ariel,
>>
>>> On Oct 18, 2019, at 5:18 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.haile@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi Dave,

Xcode versions and Mojave?

>>> I could build trunk on macOS Catalina and Xcode 11.0 (11A420a) with a
>>> few hacks, and yes, it requires to change the system runtime
>>> requirement to macOS 10.9, which deserves to increase 4.1.x to 4.2.0;
>>> but in the meantime, 4.1.7 can be fixed to remove QTKit while still
>>> building with target 10.7.
>>
>> Jim has been doing the Mac builds. It would be good if you two could get together
and document your hacks. I would then willingly test the instructions on my system.