openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Mac Builds
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2019 12:57:29 GMT

> On Oct 19, 2019, at 8:54 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.haile@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 2:02 PM Jim Jagielski <jim@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, please. I've been playing around and some issues are related to how, in moving
to Mojave/Catalina, Apple removed some *.o files from /usr/lib, as well as some issues related
to Xcode11 in general. I was hoping to have a single setup that allows for both 4.1.x and
4.2.x+later but that doesn't seem viable.

>> Yeah, I think it's time to consider making macOS 10.9 the min allowed for 4.2.x+later.
>
> I build on Catalina basically with
>
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.9"
> MACOSX_SDK_PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk"
>
> Some of the external dependencies need some tweaking because in
> Catalina there are no system headers on /usr/include (the workaround
> for Mojave does not work for Catalina, there is no package with the
> headers to install).
> And OpenSSL is a problem, I don't recall the rationale to build with
> system openssl on macOS, but now it makes sense to build the internal
> version.

What is interesting is that if one uses CC=clang, then all works OK... The problem is that
we check for the full path via xcrun which uses the full pathname and thus, we need the headers.

I'm looking at:

    https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/337940/why-is-usr-include-missing-i-have-xcode-and-command-line-tools-installed-moja

for hints and they are working out.