openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac Builds
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2019 17:26:51 GMT
Sorry for the top-post but also FTR: the system I'm using *is* Notarization compatible for
4.2.x and later:

    https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution
<https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution>

High Sierra, Xcode10.

For 4.1.x I need to use Xcode7, which is NOT compatible.... so if we can fix the QTKit stuff,
and start building 4.1.x with Xcode10, at least, that would be great. Super interested in
what hacks needed to be done to handle that!

> On Oct 19, 2019, at 1:20 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@apache.org> wrote:
>
> FTR: I am able to continue to build 4.2.x and trunk w/ the current system which *also*
builds 4.1.x... and which maintains the 10.7 min macOS capability.

> Whether we continue to use this setup for our canon community builds for 4.2.x and later
is another discussion. I agree that if we can start building w/ Mojave/Catalina and Xcode11
that would be great.

>> On Oct 19, 2019, at 1:02 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, please. I've been playing around and some issues are related to how, in moving
to Mojave/Catalina, Apple removed some *.o files from /usr/lib, as well as some issues related
to Xcode11 in general. I was hoping to have a single setup that allows for both 4.1.x and
4.2.x+later but that doesn't seem viable.

>> Yeah, I think it's time to consider making macOS 10.9 the min allowed for 4.2.x+later.
>>
>> Quite interested in the QTkit fix.
>>
>> My setup is documented on the Wiki and, of course, the canon build scripts.
>>
>>> On Oct 19, 2019, at 12:41 PM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ariel,

with Xcode versions and Mojave?

>>> Jim has been doing the Mac builds. It would be good if you two could get together
and document your hacks. I would then willingly test the instructions on my system.