openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mac Builds
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2019 17:02:31 GMT
Yes, please. I've been playing around and some issues are related to how, in moving to Mojave/Catalina,
Apple removed some *.o files from /usr/lib, as well as some issues related to Xcode11 in general.
I was hoping to have a single setup that allows for both 4.1.x and 4.2.x+later but that doesn't
seem viable.

Yeah, I think it's time to consider making macOS 10.9 the min allowed for 4.2.x+later.

Quite interested in the QTkit fix.

My setup is documented on the Wiki and, of course, the canon build scripts.

> On Oct 19, 2019, at 12:41 PM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Ariel,
>
>> On Oct 18, 2019, at 5:18 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.haile@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 8:53 PM Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Thanks. Looking forward to your work. Any thoughts on what Jim noticed with Xcode
versions and Mojave?

>>> I would not complain if we pushed the current version of MacOS to something more
recent than 10.7 Lion.

>> I could build trunk on macOS Catalina and Xcode 11.0 (11A420a) with a
>> few hacks, and yes, it requires to change the system runtime
>> requirement to macOS 10.9, which deserves to increase 4.1.x to 4.2.0;
>> but in the meantime, 4.1.7 can be fixed to remove QTKit while still
>> building with target 10.7.
>
> Jim has been doing the Mac builds. It would be good if you two could get together and
document your hacks. I would then willingly test the instructions on my system.