openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [status] Static webside migration
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2019 18:18:11 GMT
Am 01.10.19 um 19:31 schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Heads up that I’m starting to do the migration,
>
>> Repos name must start with OpenOffice.

thanks a lot for starting this beast of migration.

>> I propose these:
>>
>> OpenOffice-DevWebsite
>> OpenOffice-OrgWebsite

May I ask you to use shorter names and all in lower case:

ooo-dev-site
ooo-org-site

I prefer this as it looks easier to remember and to use.

Thanks

Marcus

> I’ll be tackling the project site first.
>
> I plan to make use of https://S.apache.org/asfyaml so that we will have staging and production.
>
> I may use the Apache CMS scripts for page generation. Infra-VP does not have trouble
with those being on a Jenkins or Buildbot node. I may use jBake which I’ve used with the
Incubator site. It may use both.

> Changes will be done in GIT and the CMS WebGUI will not be used. Committers will be able
to change the git repos. There will be instructions on the local build as well. I’m starting
with the local build.

> This will take sometime.
>
> If someone wants to redesign our Websites Look & Feel then proposals welcome. I may
play with it myself...

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>>> I have one more question. Jörg has mentioned that a lot of outside
>>> links point to the current web pages. What do we do with this? Do we
>>> make an announcement that this will happen and maybe give people some
>>> sort of hint to update their link lists?
>>
>> If we track what we change then we can create https redirection rules.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Dave
>>

>>> All the Best
>>>
>>> Peter

some housecleaning on the www.openoffice.org web site due to size and no longer pertinent
information.

build techniques. I am familiar with JBake from the incubator build but Pelican is possible.

CMS capabilities in terms of page rendering, dealing with the many languages of the site etc.
to render the static content.

Infra will warm is if things are immanent. I did discuss our migration briefly with an infra
person at ACNA19.

large. I could certainly help in about a month with the "housecleaning" aspect of both sites
assuming they remain svn accessible for a while. But I'm assuming we might want archives of
both even before that. Yes?

door.)