openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: New computer
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2019 16:14:23 GMT
On 10/30/2019 8:13 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> What do you already know? SVN?

RCS, SCCS, and SVN.

> I personally did:
> git clone https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice.git
> (ie. not GitHub)
> which I think used my Apache credentials. If you prefer to clone from
> GitHub, and want to link your Apache and GitHub credentials, you can
> apparently do it on:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/

Any guidance on how to decide which I am likely to prefer?

> As for how you use Git, if you are interested, I can give you some links,
> and my own "Git for SVN users" crash course.

Links would be useful. For me when learning programming languages, "for
dummies" courses work better than conversion courses. The "for dummies"
type of course helps me get into the right mindset for the language. I
don't know whether SVN to Git will be different.

https://www.avg.com