openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jose R R <jose....@metztli.com>
Subject Re: gstreamer status for 4.2.0-dev?
Date Sat, 26 May 2018 03:10:02 GMT
Hopefully I will not intrude, but...

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 5:35 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Subj line sez it all... where are we? There was a proposal to make it a run-time dependency
but afaict there hasn't been any effort yet it doing that.

On May 19-20, 2018, I pulled 4.2.0-1 trunk 1831928 and built
OpenOffice with my local build of GCC-5 GNU compiler.
I simply apt- and got
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/libgstreamer1.0-dev from Debian
9.x repository for AMD64.

> I know we have a handful of other things TODO re: 4.2.0 but this seems to be an inflection
point for the Linux builds and so I really think we need to resolve this if we have any >intent
in getting a 4.2.0 beta out in a reasonable time frame.

In my build I experienced no issues opening previous ODT entities nor
creating new ones. On the other hand, after testing a multimedia .mp4
clip (which plays excellently) if I click, i.e., select, an empty area
ApacheOO simply crashes. Here is a small screen recording of the
issue.

< https://metztli.it/blog/index.php/ixiptli/ >

Best Professional Regards.

--