openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build r1829228 on Linux-32 (gstreamer build problem)
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 12:53:51 GMT
I think we do have the pain only with Linux. Since some distributions move slower then others.

We could bundle the only 1.0.0 with Windows and Mac I think. For Linux we would need some
logic, that identifies the right gstreamer available on the distribution.
Maybe we could even reduce the effort to one certain package.

I do not know about OS/2 or BSD. Maybe the appropiate volunteers could answer that. But imho
it should not be a problem to create an additional port for this on BSD and integrate the
right extention on OS/2.

A complete different approach could be not to bundle the extention. It would give us the option
for Windows user to add the gstreamer into the extention,  providing them a simplified access.

For Linux a integration into the distribution would be the way. But I do not know how we can
do that. We need maintainers for that.