openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Time to push on for 4.2.0
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:19:00 GMT
For the trunk->4.2.0 we can do what we do for Apache httpd. Create
a STATUS file which lists, via SVN commit revisions, what
backports are proposed to apply from trunk to the 4.2.0 branch.
Once 3 +1 votes are cast on the backport request, they get
committed to the branch.

Basically, trunk remains CTR whereas the branch becomes RTC
using a STATUS file as the backport tracker.

> On Apr 10, 2018, at 4:43 PM, Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
> Am 10.04.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> We have still not yet made any strategic determination... We have
>> a possible scenario where gstreamer can be built regardless of
>> what version the build system has in place, but, afaict, that has
>> not yet been folded in.
>> My suggestion would be that that gets committed ASAP so we
>> can test it. We then svn copy trunk to a AOO420 branch and
>> start focusing on getting a 4.2.0 GA release out.
>
> thanks for the reminder.
>
> I also think it's time to start with splitting from the continued developement and make
a branch for 4.2.0.

> The advantage is that we can start to create a stable code base - at the moment at least
for building, later on also for the code quality.

> The disadvantage is that we then need to deal with merging code snippets to trunk *and*
420_branch. But also at a later time this has to be done anyway - so not really a disadvantage.