openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:17:07 GMT
Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> GStreamer 1.0.0 requires glib 2.32.0.

CentOS 6 ships with glib (package name: glib2) 2.28 as per
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/Packages/

So this is indeed an issue: we would need a distribution that ships with
glib >= 2.32 (without considering other possible dependencies at the
moment) to build.

On the other hand, we want something as old as possible since builds
done with too recent versions of glibc (not to confuse with the above,
and set at 2.12 in CentOS 6) won't work for users of old Linux-based
systems.

Regards,
   Andrea.