openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Bug on macOS X and Microsoft Word 2003 XML format
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2018 13:55:54 GMT
I also had no issue.

Just for fun, I saved to both APFS and HFS+ file-systems...

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 6:27 PM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tested using OpenOffice 4.1.5 & macOS 10.13.3 High Sierra
>
> Saved an existing .odt & a .doc file as "Microsoft Word 2003 XML (.xml)"
> Both files saved and reopened.
>
> Larry
>
> On 2018-02-13, 4:56 PM Andrea Pescetti wrote concerning "Bug on macOS X and Microsoft
Word 2003 XML format":
>> A bug has been reported on the Italian mailing list but I'd like to get verification
by a Mac user.

>> To reproduce:
>>
>> 1. Be on High Sierra (but it would be useful to check with other versions too; the
reporter says everything worked correctly, with OpenOffice 4.1.5, before upgrading to High
Sierra). OpenOffice 4.1.5.

>> 2. Create a new text document, write "Test", save as "Microsoft Word 2003 XML (.xml)"
- a rather rare format, but we officially support it.

>> 3. One should be able to save the document and reopen it correctly. The reporter
says he gets "Write error" on High Sierra with 4.1.5 (and the file is not saved), while his
previous macOS version worked fine with 4.1.5.

>> Note: .odt and .doc work well; only that specific format is problematic. Also note:
I couldn't reproduce the issue on Linux.

>> The bug would not be particularly important in itself, but the many build attempts
with XML libraries on macOS make this worth checking.

>> Regards,
>>   Andrea.

> --
>
> Larry I. Gusaas
> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com <http://larry-gusaas.com/>
>
> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard
Varese