openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [proposal] going Agile
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 22:05:14 GMT
Am 09.02.2018 um 01:19 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> On February 8, 2018, at 5:51 AM, Peter Kovacs <Petko@Apache.org> wrote:
>
>> # Start spreading knowledge in our development team.

>>> Theoretically, we have a list of issues in Bugzilla with target 4.2.0.
>>> Validating them all and/or setting targets will basically give you
>>> what you wish. I think Bugzilla has some concept of an issue weight
>>> that would more or less allow to prioritize issues with the current
>>> tooling, so this can be done. At least, once we agree on list on a
>>> series of "must-haves" for 4.2.0, these could be turned into something
>>> similar to your backlog.
>> Maybe we should not discuss tooling now. I think in the end it has to
>> work. Jira is mostly a convenient choice. But we can think of all other
>> sort of combinations. (However we have already a lot of Tools.So I would
>> rather try to reduce those. We can try Bugzilla, but i do not want to
>> start modifying Bugzilla in order to get what we need.
>
> I would prefer to avoid the upheaval of switching to a different issue tracker if at
all possible.

+1

Jira is just another tool that wouldn't bring us any nearer to closed
issues. BTW, start new? Then you would trash all old issues which isn't
a good thing. Move them over to Jira? Great, who is the volunteer to do
the migration? ;-)

But Confluence can bring us some overview. We can structure similar BZ
issues to packages and then we can work on them.

Marcus