openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: Windows developent plan
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 09:56:50 GMT
Hi Matthias

>         > > That would be a great evolution for AOO (LO has finally added that
feature in version 6).

> >     >     AFAIK that feature didn't make it into 6.0:
>     https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/ode_automatic_updater/

I read this version would include it but didn't confirm (I have switched to OpenOffice mostly)
But it will eventually be added in 6.x

I believe partial updates are a major benefit for all users, especially those who have limited/expensive
access to the Internet. Providing fixes/updates at a low cost is a critical contribution for
breaking down the digital divide.

In addition automatic partial updates are better for inexperienced users since they only require
a one time full install (usually performed by a friend/family who is more computer savvy)

Best,
Pedro