openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: openoffice.org slowness
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2018 20:31:23 GMT
Hagar Delest wrote:
> For the record, I think that the forums (or at least the English one)
> are also less responsive. Maybe due to the server change.

I'm not sure it's the same problem. The problem being discussed here is
not about the site being responsive, but about something like: I open
http://it.openoffice.org and nothing happens for a few minutes (since
the first DNS times out), but then it loads (since it switches to the
second DNS entry) and from then on I can continue browsing at ordinary
speed until I close my browser.

If what you see on the forum is more like every page load being a little
slower than usual, then it must be a different problem. Yes, Infra
recently changed the SQL server. But this shouldn't have an impact on
performance, unless the new server is really too small. If you believe
this could be the case, we can Infra to monitor the system load on the
new server to be sure.

Regards,
   Andrea.