openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A problem on OO Debian versions?
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2018 17:11:27 GMT
Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> Jose R R wrote:
>> Issue is present in my computing environment, too.
> "out of the box" Xubuntu 16.04.3 386 ... There was no problem on that system.

I tested too and I wasn't able to reproduce the problem:
- 4.1.5 on an RPM-based system (operation took a few seconds)
- 4.1.0 on an old Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit system, installed from
official DEBs (operation took a few seconds)

Now it would really help to know if systems where you can reproduce the
problem show it with the archive/installed builds from trunk too, since
bugs would be fixed only on trunk anyway.

The best archive build to use to the purpose would be the following:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/linux64/
(5th entry); it is not a release build, so you shouldn't expect it to
run on a very old system, but it should be OK for any modern system.
Just close any running OpenOffice instances, extract the archive, run
the "openoffice4/program/soffice" file in it and test.

Regards,
   Andrea.