openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing: Is there any interest in the old TestLink system and/or test cases?
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2018 22:47:17 GMT
As I previously posted, the old TestLink instance is still alive but NOT
well on: http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/login.php?note=expired

referenced from the Apache OpenOffice QA information at:
https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html

* Is there any interest in revising TestLink completely?

This would require contacting adfinish-sygroup.org to establish a new
admin for our TestLink instance who would then be responsible for
general oversight of this platform including adding users, etc.

Recently, I setup a guest account and had a look around. It seems SOME
tests are continuing to be run automatically (bvt, etc.), but they are
referencing the old 4.0.x series and I have no knowledge of how any of
this is setup.

* Is there any interest in salvaging the existing test cases (manual
write-ups) from the TestLink system and porting them to the AOO svn tree
under "/test" with a new sub-are named "manual_tests" or something similar.

The manual test cases most recently pertained to 4.0.x but I'm sure they
could continue to be used for the 4.1.x and 4.2.x series.