openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From jonathon <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Issue 20819] add polynomial regression type
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2017 17:23:13 GMT
On 12/01/2017 05:17 PM, Marcus wrote:
>>> This is absolutely a basic feature, i don't understand why there are
>>> more advanced regression types such as logaritmepic or poware when a
>>> polynomial regression is lacking.

> Maybe because we have an *Office* Suite and not a *Mathematical* Suite?

This type of thinking is why migrating from MSO can be problematic for
spreadsheet users.

> ;-) Seriously, I seeĀ  this as special mathematical feature and not a basic feature for
a software suite that contains also a word processor, drawing, a presentation application
and also database.

That would be acceptable if, and only if, there is zero expectation that
Calc is used for anything in the financial industry, or for any type of
forecasting, be it earthquakes, BitCoin Futures, or student grades.

jonathon