openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Simpler Windows builds, oowintool, and Cygwin64
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:05:54 GMT
Hi John,

Am 16.11.2017 um 11:48 schrieb John D'Orazio:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:17 PM, Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de
>> wrote:
>> I just updated config.guess and config.sub to the latest version.
>>
>> See: https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/
>> config_002eguess.html
>>
>> Regards, Matthias
>>
> Just wondering if after this update the configure script still runs fine?
> About a year or so ago when I was testing a cygwin x64 build process, I
> noticed that after updating config.guess and config.sub in the cygwin
> terminal the configure script starting choking on config.sub. Were you able
> to get past this?

Seems we ran into the same error messages... ;-)
I can confirm that the recently updated config.guess/config.sub do not
break the build and error messages are gone.
However it doesn't build with Cygwin64 because it detects
"x86_64-unknown-cygwin" I will try "--build=i686-pc-cygwin" now.

> Unfortunately I don't have my system set up to build ATM, unfortunately my
> "powerful" HP laptop comes with a miserly 128GB SSD as the main drive and
> Visual Studio can't be installed on a secondary drive... I'm having a heck
> of a time finding a bigger compatible SSD but I hope to resolve this soon,
> and set up my build system again...

My laptop was low on disk space too. But I could add an additional SSD
in a PCIe slot... ;-)
I run Ubuntu 16.04.3 with Windows 10 in VirtualBox.

> As these obstacles are removed the Step by step guide can be updated, I had
> opened a section about building with cywgwin x64 and I started jotting
> provisional notes down, I'd say this looks like the time to update them:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Testing_build_with_Cygwin_64_bit
> .

I will update the Wiki step by step now.

Regards, Matthias