openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Issue for 4.1.4 and MacOS
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 05:25:19 GMT
Hi Jim,

I’m not seeing an improvement in the latest build you are now pushing to dist.

Base works. I still get the two system.log messages.

Charts are not saved even if I just do a save as.

I wonder if we also need the redland/raptor update that is in trunk. I can spare a few hours
tomorrow to try building on my side if we can confirm a few things. Up to you. We can webex
or something ..

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 6, 2017, at 6:20 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>
> There is something I've seen in the OpenOffice code that may be involved in the silent
failures to do something. For example, main\xmloff\source\core\xmlexp.cxx, line 759:

> 		catch( com::sun::star::uno::Exception& )
> 		{
> 		}
>
> This will hide any and all UNO exceptions thrown in anything called from the corresponding
try block, even with assertions enabled. I assume the intent is that the problem has already
been reported, but I don't think it is really safe to relay on that.