openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue for 4.1.4 and MacOS
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 21:22:24 GMT
On 10/31/2017 11:03 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> It would be easy to bump the build number 414m6 just for macOS.
> Of course, the date is also changed, even if we keep the same
> build number.

This makes more sense to me than a complete 4.1.5 (for all?) when this
build issue just applies to MacOS.  But the update feed script would
need some tweaking.

> I am up for whatever makes sense. The issue is that it's
> not a code "problem" at all.
>
>> On Oct 31, 2017, at 1:52 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> On Oct 31, 2017, at 9:51 AM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I do not know if this is the right choice, but we should include doing both in
our thinking. Rebuild 4.1.4 for Mac only, test, and upload as soon as possible. Meanwhile,
create, test, and vote on 4.1.5, to pick up the upgrade service.
>> I agree this what we need to think about. With the new 4.1.4 route we should make
sure that we can tell the difference between the bad original and the repaired build. Is the
date sufficient or would build number be better? I really don’t like the idea of people
being confused about what they need to do to fix issues. Right now the message is to downgrade
to 4.1.3.

>> I would like to know what Andrea and Matthias think since they have been working
with the upgrade system.

>> Regards,
>> Dave

can setup the upgrade service correctly.