openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Hint into splash screen that OpenOffice is open, free and where to download officially
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:48:10 GMT
Hi all,

I'm forwarding an idea from Andrea:

We can add a hint to the splash screen that OpenOffice is open source,
free to download and where to download the official files.

This is a chance to remember our users to download always from us and
not from other sites that distribute a changed OpenOffice with malware etc.

Addition from myself:

Adding this also to the About box is worth it, too. Maybe eben more as
the splash screen is gone very fast. But the About box is open as long
as the user doesn't close it.

If agreed we can integrate this into the next release after 4.1.4.

Marcus