openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC5 as GA
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 20:35:52 GMT
Hi Dave, all

> (1) PMC members have a higher bar for their vote. I did not vote at all because I did
not build from source etc.

I agree that it is good that some users replicate the building procedure
and confirm that it works.
Replicability is a good measure of transparency and quality.
In any case I couldn't find that particular requirement for a PMC member
in the voting page (https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html).
Maybe that is being too strict?

> (2) Would you name projects where you have felt discouraged? Have you felt discouraged
here in past years?

This is the only Apache project I collaborate with (I have been
collaborating with several other FOSS projects for a long time).
Actually just reading the ASF rules discouraged me to become a committer
(I was invited in the past) and still does.

> We know everyone helping is needed. It was great to have a long
> standing member of the user community like Larry vote to alert us to a
> problem with macOS!

Agreed. That is why the "*and all others are either discouraged from
voting (to keep the noise down)*" is particularly unnecessary (if not
offensive).

Regards,
Pedro