openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Issue for 4.1.4 and MacOS
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 00:22:25 GMT
I did a quick rebuild but with the '--with-alloc=system'
line removed. No change in behavior.

Will try to track down the question Patricia
raised in the Bugz report.

> On Oct 24, 2017, at 11:36 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
> Will also follow up on the Bugz report, but one change between 4.1.3
> and 4.1.4 regarding macOS *builds* is that 4.1.4 uses '--with-alloc=system'
> but the 4.1.3 build does not.
>
> I will create a macOS build of AOO414 but adjust the configure script
> to not include that and see what effect that may have.
>

>> On Oct 24, 2017, at 8:52 AM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>>

>> On 10/24/2017 5:49 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

>>> I don't have access to a Mac, so cannot help there.
>>> I make one suggestion - a guess - based on loss of images in Writer (and Calc/Impress?
I'm not certain of this) on other operating systems.
>>> John_Ha has done some work on loss on images in Writer and relates it to sometimes
occurring at the time of OO saving an Autorecovery image.  See his note at
>>> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=86682
>>> As this new bug is occurring at Save time, might it be a manifestation of the
same problem?

>> I don't think there are any changes that relate to that bug between 4.1.3 and 4.1.4.
This seems to be solid and repeatable with 4.1.4, and not happening at all with 4.1.3.