openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Issue for 4.1.4 and MacOS
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 18:12:16 GMT
Sorry hit the command key and track pad at the same time and sent before done.

> On Oct 31, 2017, at 11:10 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 31, 2017, at 11:05 AM, Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de <mailto:matthias.seidel@hamburg.de>>
wrote:

in our thinking. Rebuild 4.1.4 for Mac only, test, and upload as soon as possible. Meanwhile,
create, test, and vote on 4.1.5, to pick up the upgrade service.
>>> I agree this what we need to think about. With the new 4.1.4 route we should
make sure that we can tell the difference between the bad original and the repaired build.
Is the date sufficient or would build number be better? I really don’t like the idea of
people being confused about what they need to do to fix issues. Right now the message is to
downgrade to 4.1.3.

>> My $ 0.02:
>> The date would be sufficient.
>> A new build number means a new build and I don't like the idea to
>> confuse 95% of our users (Windows and Linux) with a "new" version, where
>> not a single line of code was changed.
>> Rebuild the mac version and make an announcement/press release to let
>> the people know about it.
>
> Jim is mentioning a different id for the build from the one that drives the upgrade:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/genUpdateFeed/ProductInfos.txt?view=markup
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/genUpdateFeed/ProductInfos.txt?view=markup>

> 4.1.4 OpenOffice_4 9788 https://www.openoffice.org/download <https://www.openoffice.org/download>
en-US ast bg ca ca-XR ca-XV cs da de el en-GB es eu fi fr gd gl he hi hu it ja km ko lt nb
nl pl pt pt-BR ru sk sl sr sv ta th tr vi zh-CN zh-TW

> 9788 is different from 414m5 or 414m6.
>
> Jim - I think that 414

I think that changing to 414m6 would be helpful.

Regards,
Dave

>>> I would like to know what Andrea and Matthias think since they have been working
with the upgrade system.

>> macOS update notification (4.1.3 -> 4.1.4) is on hold until this issue
>> is fixed.
>> But people can always download directly from our download page, maybe we
>> should put a notice there?
>>
>> Regards, Matthias
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

we can setup the upgrade service correctly.