openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: AOO 4.1.4 – Error message
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 10:59:18 GMT
On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 17:45:20 -0600
Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2017-10-15, 3:38 PM Rory O'Farrell wrote
>
> > On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 15:27:15 -0600
> > Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>      I don't know terminal very well and do not know how to do that. I can follow
instruction
> >>      for using terminal if you have the time to give them to me.
> >
> > I can't answer with any certainty for Mac, but my understanding, based on something
I paid little attention to (no need), is that the current Mac operating system is a form of
linux.

> macOS is derived from Unix. Many, not all commands are similar to Linux
>
> > Open it and type "openoffice4" (no quotes).  OO should then open and run and give
some possibly helpful diagnostics about what it is not finding, or what has happened.  These
will be helpful to developers debugging.

> Doesn't work. Needs more specific  command. I will investigate later and try to get
more
> information. Problem occurs on both my Macs so isn't specific to macOS High Sierra, which
> upgraded this Mac to recently.

I cannot help further - no experience on Macs.  Perhaps some Mac-using list member can assist.

Rory

> > Some info on Terminal for a Mac is at
> > http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/how-use-terminal-on-mac-3608274/
>
> Thanks
> Larry
>

> --
>
> Larry I. Gusaas
> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard
Varese

Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>