openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Don Lewis <truck...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 4.1.4 show stopper!
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 22:08:54 GMT
On 10 Oct, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Thx again!
>
> Considering this issue, this means that 4.1.4 is also DOA. I will wait for
> a few more hours, for West Coast to get online but my plan is to
> start the process for AOO-415

Not releasing RC4 will considerably delay releasing a version that has
the other important and much delayed fixes for other issues.  My
preference would be to release RC4 as-is with an errata notice about
this issue and do a 4.1.5 release as quickly as possible afterwards.

The fact that it took this long for the problem to be identified in the
4.1.4 RC series would seem to indicate that the number of users who
would have to stick with 4.1.3 until 4.1.5 is released would be fairly
small.