openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC5 as GA
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 20:08:28 GMT
Hi Pedro,

> On Oct 18, 2017, at 12:28 PM, Pedro Lino <pedro.lino@mailbox.org> wrote:
>
> On 18/10/2017 19:02, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> This is OK as long as the Apache Policy doesn't get in the way too much... I mean,
I highly appreciate when people provide a list of what they did to justify their +1. But this
shouldn't be used "against" them.

> +1 (as a user)
>
> ASF does a hell of a job to discourage participation! I particularly like this gem "the
basic rule is that only PMC members have binding votes, *and all others are either discouraged
from voting (to keep the noise down)* or else have their votes considered of an indicative
or advisory nature only.

(1) PMC members have a higher bar for their vote. I did not vote at all because I did not
build from source etc.

(2) Would you name projects where you have felt discouraged? Have you felt discouraged here
in past years?

> I'm glad AOO PMC members take these recommendations with a pinch of salt.

We know everyone helping is needed. It was great to have a long standing member of the user
community like Larry vote to alert us to a problem with macOS!

Regards,
Dave