openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Weak reference helper implementations
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:54:06 GMT
Am 14.08.2017 um 19:38 schrieb Peter kovacs:

> I am going through the code, when I have little time left.

:-)

> There is a lot of code I think we don't need the modern implementation should provide
us similar functionality.

What do you mean with "modern implementation". Should newer libaries and
frameworks we use nowadays provide this support?

> Is it okay if we target to get rid of such old Code?
>
> Btw. There is a code for a workaround of a bug from gcc version 3. Can we retire that
Code?

Version 3 started in early 2000. A quick search in our Wiki [1] found
only some hits and these are - surprise - very old. But I don't think
that these are relevant any more.

I cannot lookup what the configure script is tell you as minimal version
of gcc. But I would bet it's far away from 3.

[1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/

My 2 ct - as non-developer.

Marcus