openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hu Forum woes
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 22:35:59 GMT
On 08/08/2017 Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> I as admin of Hungarian Forum deleted nearly all post in Hungarian
> forum, during maintenance.
> Can anybody restore the forum database to yesterday status?

Database backups for https://forum.openoffice.org/ are managed by Infra,
since we use a shared cluster. CCing the Infra list. I assume we will
coordinate through a JIRA ticket to restore the status of the database
at the last backup we had when the incident happened (can you be more
precise about date and time?), but at least Infra is informed that those
backups must be kept.

An important note: if I recall correctly, we have several forum
installations (one per language) sharing the same database. Please let's
coordinate, since restoring the old database is not a solution (it would
restore the Hungarian forum but also delete recent activity from all
other forums). I think we will need to only filter tables with a certain
prefix.

Regards,
   Andrea.