openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: DOC file not opening on 4.1.4
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 17:25:24 GMT
One of the changes for 4.1.4 is supposed to tighten validation of doc
files. Unfortunately, I made a mistake in the version that went into
RC1, and it gets false positives.

The problem should be fixed in RC2.

On 8/10/2017 4:27 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> Forum volunteer John_Ha has sent me a DOC file that will open with 4.1.3 (and AbiWord)
but gives a "Read-Error: This is not a WinWord 97 file" error on 4.1.4 RC1.  A quick inspection
suggests that the first 50 or so bytes of the file are as they should be for a "good" DOC
file.

> As this ML will strip attachments I won't attach it; I have his permission to make it
available to anyone interested.  If you would like to examine it, please email me for a copy.