openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: RC2: OLE problem?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:13:47 GMT
Confirmed on Windows 10 with 4.1.4 RC2.

The behavior now is similar to 4.1.3 with disabled "Tools - Options -
Writer - View - Graphics and objects"

Matthias

Am 14.08.2017 um 21:22 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:51:58 +0200
> Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 14.08.2017 um 19:52 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
>>> Using 4.1.4 RC2 (on Xubuntu 16.04.03 64 bit) and Windows 7 (in John_Ha's case)
there seems to be a problem with OLE.

>>> If in Writer one uses /Insert /OLE Object /
>>> OpenOffice 4.1.4 Formula with Create New checked, a math formula will only display
in the Writer document as "Object n".  It is always editable, but never displays as the actual
formula.

>>> If the formula is saved as a file, it can be inserted into a writer document
using "Create from file" and will display, until edited, when it continues to display as "Object
n".

>>> One can insert multiple OLE objects from files and they each will display correctly
as a formula, until edited.  After editing they display only as "Object n" (n is the sequential
number).  Only the edited OLEs change to "Object", the unedited OLEs display as formulae.
>> at least in 4.1.3 it's still OK.
>>
>> There is the setting "Tools - Options - Writer - View - Graphics and
>> objects" to disable to show the object's content but only the name. This
>> isn't unchecked by accident, right?
>>
>> Sorry for the maybe stupid question - esecially for you as support guru. ;-)
>>
>> Marcus
> No offense taken at the suggestion - we can all do silly things!  I've checked the setting
you mention - checked or unchecked it makes no difference to the "Object n" display.