openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Yemelyanenko Fyodor <fyodo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Partial Build of OO
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 07:13:56 GMT
Hello!

I've started to hack into OO code base. I found pretty interesting guide here https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Hacking
and tried to do my first hack. I've changed code as offered in article, and build vcl module
(partial build from vcl directory). But nothing changed in OO...
After digging into build.pl and documentation I found out that I should cd to instsetoo_native
and issue build command from there (w/o --all switch). This module installs all executable
files in installed/install directory (as I previously run configure script with --with-package-format="installed").

As a result I have question and suggestion :-)
1. Question is, if there is only one way to launch OO after partial build is to build inside
instsetoo_native? Build inside this dir take same time as it completely recreates all directories
and copies all executable and library files (despite I changed only couple of libs)
2. Suggestion is to mention requirement to build inside instsetoo_native in partial build
section in Building Guide (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Partial_Builds).
There is link to install sets creation but it so inconspicuous, so I noticed it after investigating
installation process myself.
(I cannot find link to edit wiki and cannot create account to login to wiki, as there is no
link to account creation...)