openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.4 RC2
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:24:06 GMT
Am 14.08.2017 um 17:19 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Available for immediate testing are the source tarball and
> community builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC2.
>
> As noted, these are Release Candidates and are not official,
> GA releases, although based on testing, the could become so.
> So PLEASE test these out!
>
> You can find these gems at:
>
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.4-RC2/

thanks a lot - also to Matthias - for providing these builds.

I was impatient and have downloaded them already on the weekend. The
following is what I've tested:

- Windows 10
- Fedora 21 64-bit
- AOO414m2 (build 9785) rev 1804788 - en-US

1.

Installation was fine without problems.

2.

Randomly downloaded from Internet and then opened without problems [1]:

5 files with .doc and 5 .docx
5 files with .xls and 5 .xlsx
5 files with .ppt and 5 .pptx

3.

Created documents, saved and opened them without problems:

.odt, .ods, .odp
.doc, .xls, .ppt

Then installed the langpack for "de" and opened the downloaded and
self-created files. Again without any problems [1].

Is there anything else I should test?

[1] Of course I've not checked that everything is displayed and
formatted correctly.

Thanks

Marcus