openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: RC2: OLE problem?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 19:22:53 GMT
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:51:58 +0200
Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 14.08.2017 um 19:52 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> > Using 4.1.4 RC2 (on Xubuntu 16.04.03 64 bit) and Windows 7 (in John_Ha's case) there
seems to be a problem with OLE.

> > If in Writer one uses /Insert /OLE Object /
> > OpenOffice 4.1.4 Formula with Create New checked, a math formula will only display
in the Writer document as "Object n".  It is always editable, but never displays as the actual
formula.

> > If the formula is saved as a file, it can be inserted into a writer document using
"Create from file" and will display, until edited, when it continues to display as "Object
n".

> > One can insert multiple OLE objects from files and they each will display correctly
as a formula, until edited.  After editing they display only as "Object n" (n is the sequential
number).  Only the edited OLEs change to "Object", the unedited OLEs display as formulae.

> at least in 4.1.3 it's still OK.
>
> There is the setting "Tools - Options - Writer - View - Graphics and
> objects" to disable to show the object's content but only the name. This
> isn't unchecked by accident, right?
>
> Sorry for the maybe stupid question - esecially for you as support guru. ;-)
>
> Marcus

No offense taken at the suggestion - we can all do silly things!  I've checked the setting
you mention - checked or unchecked it makes no difference to the "Object n" display.

John_Ha brought the problem to my attention - he is using RC2 on Windows 7.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>