openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: DOC file not opening on 4.1.4
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:41:12 GMT
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:37:19 -0000
"Jim Jagielski"<jim@apache.org> wrote:

Windows build.  I'll ask John_Ha for the build number,

> Thanks! What platform build is this on?
>
> On 2017-08-10 07:27, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
> > Forum volunteer John_Ha has sent me a DOC file that will open with 4.1.3 (and AbiWord)
but gives a "Read-Error: This is not a WinWord 97 file" error on 4.1.4 RC1.  A quick inspection
suggests that the first 50 or so bytes of the file are as they should be for a "good" DOC
file.

> > As this ML will strip attachments I won't attach it; I have his permission to make
it available to anyone interested.  If you would like to examine it, please email me for a
copy.