openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: A refactoring proposal
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2017 23:06:18 GMT
I don't know. I have not read that particular book. If the code
snippet includes "using namespace std" then "array" means "std::array".

I have a time gap in my C++ experience - I used it professionally in the
1980's, and now I'm coming back to it for AOO. I don't think the
Standard Template Library came into wide use until the 1990's.

At this point I think we should use the STL for the next layer of data
structures above raw arrays, including arrays with bounds checking. I
have not heard of a competing library and I do not like to roll my own
if I can possibly avoid it.