openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Release 4.1.4 - Can we add a script to the release to help user support in working around an issue?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:00:41 GMT
Yes, we are close to a release so I would recommend adding it as a
4.1.4. issue
> On Jun 18, 2017, at 3:58 AM, Peter Kovacs <legine@posteo.de> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> John (in CC) suggested to add the Script of Hanya (also in CC) to the Open Office Release
as a first improvement.
> On the discussion in this thread @dev declared only stuff that is in trunc can be part
of an release.
> Since Hanya has comitter rights granted it was suggested he should be the one commiting
his script.

> @Hanya: Do you believe that your script is stable enough to be added or is there work
to do to get it commited?
> Can you commit your work, so we can add it for release?
>
> @Jim (Release Manager):
> What is the timeframe for you to get this script into 4.1.4. You only stated that it
has to be in svn, not until when and what the timeframe is. My understanding is the current
Version is close to a RC.

> Hope this drives this topic a little further.
>
> All the best
> Peter
>
> Am 13.06.2017 um 23:42 schrieb Marcus:
>>>
>>> I see it as an on-demand tool. So nothing would be added to the installation
process. A new menu item would be available for it (the current solution uses the macro runner
menu).

>>> It seems, though, that the current implementation relies on being executed from
the user profile and this will probably not work for our 4.1.4 use case: I haven't checked,
but I believe that the profile is left unchanged by maintenance (4.1.x) updates. This should
be investigated though: there is likely a way to bundle it as a "shared" script that would
then be available even without touching the profile.

>> an alternative would be to create a new Help menu entry (e.g., "Help - Spell check
fix"). This opens a webpage which provides a download link to the file and a text with explainations/instructions:
Why is it needed, how to unpack/install/execute it, what is it going to do, etc.