openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 4.1.4 - Can we add a script to the release to help user support in working around an issue?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 21:24:29 GMT
Marcus wrote:
> assumed it's OK on trunk and 4.1.4, how do we integrate this into the
> installation process?

I see it as an on-demand tool. So nothing would be added to the
installation process. A new menu item would be available for it (the
current solution uses the macro runner menu).

It seems, though, that the current implementation relies on being
executed from the user profile and this will probably not work for our
4.1.4 use case: I haven't checked, but I believe that the profile is
left unchanged by maintenance (4.1.x) updates. This should be
investigated though: there is likely a way to bundle it as a "shared"
script that would then be available even without touching the profile.

Regards,
   Andrea.