openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Raphael Bircher" <rbircherapa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bugzilla
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 16:07:37 GMT
Hi all

Am .05.2017, 16:32 Uhr, schrieb esh1907 <esh1907@gmail.com>:

> Maybe we should try to locate and convince people who used to work during
> Star and Sun Microsystems to rejoin the project?

I think this is the wrong way to go. We can't get the good old time back.
What we need is fresh business blood. Not companies who use OpenOffice,
Companies who help develop the project. Without this we will face a slow
dead. A project in this size need professional developers.

But companies don't com just to put money in, they want something back
(normally). SUN and IBM was a big exception. The point is, we are not
attractive for Companies at the moment. There is no room to make money. We
should start getting attractive for companies.

Regards, Raphael