openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <delest.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License status of code from forum.openoffice.org without headers
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 11:32:21 GMT
Le 16/01/2016 à 22:43, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :
> Carl Marcum wrote:
>> On 01/15/2016 07:20 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>>> Can code like this be used as-is in an Apache project?
>>> [1] https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2520
>
> Your best option is probably to contact the author and ask him for permission to use
under the Apache License 2 the code he posted in forum discussions. Failing that, it's hard
to tell what license applies to that code due to the several infrastructure and policy changes
over the last 8 years.

>> I forgot to mention I tried the "Policies and Terms of Use" link on the
>> main page that linked to [2] and got  404 page not found.
>> [2] http://www.openoffice.org/terms_of_use
>
> I think that page has moved to https://openoffice.apache.org/terms.html ; can somebody
confirm it before we update the link in the Forum site footer, please?
Old topic but this should be updated.
Could someone having the karma for the AOO Forum update the link?
Thanks

Hagar